THE ACK PROVINCIAL SECRETARY
The ACK Provincial Secretary is the Executive officer of the Church. He/She Oversees the execution and implementation of Managerial duties at the Provincial office which serves as the secretariat of The Anglican Church. He/she is appointed by the Archbishop in consultation with the Standing Committee of the Provincial Synod.
The functions of the Provincial Secretary’s office are:
- It’s the Public Relations office of the Church
- Coordination of the Church’s governance meetings
- Serves as a secretariat for the Church
- Liaises with Dioceses and Church partners all over the world with consultation with the Archbishop’s Office and other organs of the Church
- Handles the staffing needs, Human Resource Development, General management and coordination of the Provincial office.
- Counselling and conflict resolution of control and safeguarding of Church resources
- Keeping inventory of all Church assets
- Responsible for the church archives.
- Ensures Compliance of the Church to the laws of the Country.
The Rev. Dr. Canon Rosemary Muthoni Mbogo is the Provincial Secretary of the Anglican Church of Kenya. A dynamic leader, trainer and manager, Dr. Rosemary holds a Bachelor of Education (University of Nairobi) and a Masters of Arts degree in Theology and Biblical Counseling from the Nairobi International School of Theology. She has worked as a teacher, Head-teacher, Inspector of schools, lecturer, and University Council Member at St. Paul’s University. In addition, she is an ordained clergy in the Anglican Church. Until 2018, she was the Chairperson of the National Council of Churches. She has also been involved in other national advocacy engagements which have contributed immensely in addressing issues affecting the country. These includes, among others, the National Council of Churches of Kenya as the Commission Member.
Dr. Rosemary has also published two books namely “Woman, a vessel of Honor” and Great Potential” explores various issues that affect women and the place that they hold in the growth of a vibrant society. She passionately, highlights the dignity of women in Development both in terms of personal and community growth.
- The Ven. Sospeter Magua (1970-1976)
- The Ven. John Kago (1976-1993)
- Rev. Canon Enos Zablon Ashimala (1994-1999)
- Susan Nzisa Mumina (1999-2002)
- Rt. Rev. William Waqo Boru (2002-2006)
- Rt. Rev. Lawrance Kavutsa Dena (2007-2009)