The Rt. Rev. Capt John Orina Omangi has been enthroned as the first Bishop of the ACK Diocese of Upper Southern Nyanza. He becomes the first Bishop of the Diocese which was formerly part of the ACK Diocese of Southern Nyanza. The Enthronement Service was held at the Kisii National Polytechnic in Kisii County. The service was presided over by the Most Rev. Dr. Jackson Ole Sapit with The Rt. Rev. Francis Matui delivering the Sermon. More than dozen Bishops from across the Country attended the service, which was attended by National and County Leaders, as well as Thousands of Christians from across the Country.
The Bishop’s Charge
In his Charge, Bishop Omangi thanked the entire ACK Fraternity, Church leadership and Christians in the Diocese for supporting the area’s growth since its inception, its period as a Diocesan.
Bishop Omangi pledged to give particular focus around the areas of:
- Accelerate Evangelism & Outreach
- Leadership, Governance, Stewardship & Management
- Community and Social Services
- Resource and Investment Management
- Networking, Linkage, Collaboration and Partnership building
- Infrastructure and Institutions Development
- Monitoring Evaluation and Learning
See Full Charge Here.
Before being elected Bishop, Bishop Omangi served as a suffragan Bishop overseeing the area while it was a Diocesan Missionary Area under the ACK Diocese of Southern Nyanza.
Read His Detailed Profile Here.